Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's Finally Fall in Atlanta!

Yeah!! It is finally Fall. It's October but it has been so hot. Today there was finally a nip in the air and I had my first apple cider of the year! But there have been the tell tell clues that fall was right around the corner. The leaves and in reference to the house, the leaves are every where. Behind my shed that is approriatly named House 4 Girl- all the leaves that ever where are raked into decaying piles. I wish I could say that the piles are compost they are just the remnants of fall's past.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
A wonderful warning painted by the previous owner of this House 4 Girl

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Audre is standing in the dent I made in the pile of leaves. Beyond, you see a clear tarp that was just there and a plastic bag. I found many bottles, a car battery, jumper cable, and little something for "female hygiene".

Over the course of 2 weekends and the help of 3 10 year old neighborhoods, who were compensated nicely- a total of 18 bags of leaves have been raked!! And we still have some more to go.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Mel, Zapatista style, after we have raked 14 bags of leaves. We had to get all this stuff down to the curb. Thanks to the trusty Subaru we got it down in 3 trips!!(on the roof and in the hatch)

I went home to North Carolina and my dad gave me several pairs of nippes, shears, and a shovel. There are tons of baby trees and taming of the wild bushes, sprouts and the like.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Hey Paris (from SPARK?), I'd love it if you told the world of Atlanta about our new blog for Radical Atlantans called "Radlanta!" -- it's basically a resource for events and programs in/around Atlanta that are radical, underground, subversive alternative or different fun and entertainment and politics!
http://radlanta.blogspot.com/