Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's Our Neighborhood Association- Malcolm X and Angela Davis too

Melanie and I went to our first neighborhood association meeting last night. Much to my amazement, I live in the general Westview Neighborhood but also belong to this delightful sub group called "It's Our Neighborhood". It's only one block with signs marking off the areas.
What a cutie place!
I was pleasantly reminded of the meeting with a community calendar placed in my mail box. Yes, a calendar with reminders of meeting dates, yard cleaning and friendly reminder from Malcolm X and Angela Davis!!! How gangsta does it get! Keep It's Our Neighborhood Safe by an means necesary.

The meeting had 7 folks, the majority old enough to be my grand parents. Folks who have lived in the neighborhood since in 1969!!
I left the meeting smiling on the inside, stoked about being a part of this community, and working on planning a meet and great in the next 6 weeks.

Yippee!!! Home ownership is super dope!!

No comments: